Amendment to our Terms & Conditions 1st June 2020
As a result, we have implemented strict social distancing measures, to ensure the safety of our clients and staff.
A Risk assessment has been carried out and our new protocol is as follows
Centre Appointment restructure
- All clients from a household where there is a case or symptoms of Covid-19, or who is self-isolating, should NOT attend the centre. Late cancellation will not incur a charge.
- Face masks must be worn by anyone entering and while in our centre, and during hand over of your dog to Canine Aqua Centre Staff.
- There should be a maximum of two people in the car to bring your dog to the centre.
- Only one person may hand the dog over or enter Canine Aqua Centre per session.
- Staff will be wearing facemasks and gloves as PPE. Please ensure your dog has been exposed to this kind of appearance.
- Dog’s collar and lead/harness must be removed by owner once inside the centre and the door is securely closed to ensure NO dogs strays from the centre.
- If you feel more comfortable to do so, please feel free to stay in your car for the duration of your dog’s session. We are more than happy to look after any dogs without the owner being present.
- No clients are to enter the centre without the consent of the staff member present.
- Your dog will be handed back to you at a safe distance when the session has finished.
- Owners must secure their dog once their session has ended, with there own collar and lead/harness before leaving Canine Aqua Centre.
- A social distance of 2m minimum is required, at ALL times.
- Owners will need to put on their dog’s own towelling robe and towel dry their dogs off site, away from the centre to avoid remaining parked, thus preserving the “one client at a time” concept and social distancing.
- Toilets will NOT be available to use by Clients at this time.
- All payments to be made via Bank Transfer unless you have pre-paid session or made prior arrangements.
Canine Aqua Centre Ltd
Sort Code: 30-90-89
Account No.: 33585360
By booking a session with Canine Aqua Centre Ltd you are agreeing to the above changes in the Terms & Conditions and the Centre’s Appointment Safety restructure. You also accept that it is your decision and responsibility to make what could be classified as “non- essential travel” to attend a Canine Aqua Centre session for your dog.
Changes we have made...
- All clients from a household where there is a case (or symptoms) of Covid-19, or who is self-isolating, should NOT attend the centre. Late cancellation will not incur a charge
- All surfaces and equipment will be disinfected after every session.
- Only one person may hand the dog over.
- We are allowing more time between appointments thus preserving the “one client at a time” concept, to support social distancing and allow us plenty of time to sanitise the centre between each client.
- Dog’s collar and lead/harness must be removed by owner.
- Staff members will be wearing PPE (face mask and gloves) so please, if you can, allow your dogs to see you in a mask. This will mean they will be less concerned by our appearance when they arrive at the centre.
- Please wait in the car until a staff member comes to greet you.
- The handover of your dog will take place in the centre, both owner and Canine Aqua Centre Staff will wear a face mask, thereby reducing the risk of airborne transmission.
- Your dog will then be taken by Canine Aqua centre Staff and the usual session* will be carried out, our staff will Not be entering the water unless necessary.
- We appreciate some dogs find it difficult without owners being nearby, 1 family member will be able to view your dog’s sessions. However please remember, we must adhere to the rules as best as we can for everyone’s safety, so please do not touch the pool or surrounding area.
If you feel more comfortable in the safety of your own car, we are more than happy to swim dogs without the owners being present.
*Session, may need to adjust to suit your dogs health and fitness, as they will have not swum for 12 weeks with us and so need less swim time.
Please speak to us at any time if you have any concerns.
Following your dog's session...
- After your dog’s session we will return your dog to you to allow you to put a collar and lead/harness back on your dog for safety.
- We ask that you put your dog in your car and towel dry them away from our centre. (For safety reasons we are not allowed to dry your dog).
- Please remember to keep them warm after their session, as we do not want to undo all their hardwork.
- Payment can be taken by bank transfer or contactless up to £30. Cash can be given via a box, correct cash amount only please, no change will be given.
Impact of chlorinated water in-relation to Covid...
Scientific evidence has shown that Covid 19 has a low stability in water and is extremely sensitive to oxidants, like chlorine.
Public Health England has also confirmed that 'Coronavirus is inactivated at the levels of chlorination found in swimming pools.' Anything submersed in Chlorinated water is therefore sanitised and this significantly reduces any risk of your dog acting as a transmission bridge between staff and owner.
We appreciate this may sound very regimented, but we have tried our hardest to accommodate the new protocols for Covid-19.
Social distancing protocols, and additional cleaning of high frequency touch points are among the measures we are implementing. These measures are designed to safeguard the health and wellbeing of everyone involved in your dog’s session.
We would like to say a huge thank you for your continued support, patience and understanding at these difficult times and we really look forward to seeing you and your dog’s again soon.
Canine Aqua Centre Team